From the Billings Gazette
Big Sky Economic Development hosts one of only 20 Veterans Business Outreach Centers n the nation. The specialization in veteran entrepreneurship is a compelling, economic growth strategy for forward-thinking, cutting-edge economic development organizations like BSED for these reasons, veterans:
- Make up about 6% of the U.S. population but 13.5 percent of small business owners.
- Are 45 percent more likely than those without prior military service to be self-employed.
- Employ about 6 million Americans.
- Pay more than $210 billion in wages every year.
- Generate about $1.1 trillion in receipts annually.
- Produce about $1.7 trillion in GDP.
And, one in every 10 businesses is owned by a veteran. To further cultivate vetrepreneurship: We train. We counsel. We educate.